It originated from a St James’s Square townhouse, owned by the Duke of Kent. The townhouse, rebuilt after a fire in 1730, was redesigned by the acclaimed Italian architect, Giacomo Leoni who had previously worked on Lyme Park and Clandon House.
The fine mahogany doors of the townhouse were given this handsome and tactile, acanthus leaved knob and a matching escutcheon.
This period reproduction has been cast using some of the same traditional techniques as would have been used to create the original.
Pictured here in Antique Brass, available in any of our standard finishes.
A matching escutcheon is also available.
Length: 6mm/2 1/2"
The Collier Webb Foundry and Workshop, we have been manufacturing brass, bronze, aluminium and silver lighting, furniture and hardware for over 45 years.
By perfecting the traditional techniques of lost wax and sand casting alongside modern technologies such as CNC fabrication, we have been able to produce a distinct collection of architectural products, which have been specially designed to assist interior designers, architects and restorers with their projects.
Click here to find out more about Our Craft.